ShikaRAM, any good?

AVROB

ShikaRAM!!! DDR !!

SHK05653 DIMM 512 MB PC3200

(says Elixir on the chips)

Is this RAM any good? I just bought 2 of 'em and wanna use it on a P4P800se board. Only a 1.6ghz p4 though. Going to put them in soon and will let you know if they do better in my Battle for Middle Earth game which I have 3 x 256 pc2100 in it right now. Pull ' em and toss in the others.

Can I somehow use the old ram too? Or will that REALLY crap me out?

AVROB

woah, made a big difference...... the little horses in my game actually galloped instead of doing the robot dance. :D

Fure6

AVROB said:

you could be nice to someone on the boards and give them your old stuff...:D one of my friends had some ram he couldn't use, so their in my computer right now. before i had 256, but now i have 512

mgoldb2

VIP Member
AVROB said:

I would not use the old ram becuase it will make the ram speed the same as the lowest speed chip in it.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
yeah Shika has been around for about 15 years they are based in Montreal
Growth has been continuous, and in 1997, Shikatronics was named the 2nd fastest growing company in Canada by Profit 100. Shikatronics was seen again in the top 100 for 1998 and 1999. In 2000, the Company ranked in Profit 300 for impressive growth of 294% over the past five years.
seems to me they should be making quality stuff

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hehe my highschool computers featured a lot of ShikaRAM (and the IBM stuff too) ... hehe ... whilst they certainly dont cater to the enthusiast crowd their parts are quite reliable :)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
my highschool computers featured a lot of ShikaRAM
Really? I figured those POS things ran generic RAM of Genericness.

They have some nice stuff out now (so I hear) that fits in well with the enthusiasts