Should I???

Lax

VIP Member
Yeah, why would you want to save that stuff if it's been removed. It keeps the stuff in quarentine in case you want to put it back.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
It keeps them quarantine so that any programs that are dependant on adware that was removed (they stop working) can be made to run again by resotring the adware.

Bobo

banned
I run both AVG and Norton, and it is a little annoying when they both find each other's quarantine files....but I still haven't deleted them:rolleyes:

tweaker

VIP Member
Bobo said:
I run both AVG and Norton, and it is a little annoying when they both find each other's quarantine files....

Don't tell me your running two antivirus programs on your system. :)

Bobo

banned
tweaker said:
Don't tell me your running two antivirus programs on your system. :)

Why not? I prefer AVG, but I have heard the Norton is a lot better....so I got it. They do fight, though

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Keep em in Quarantine for a couple of days then delete when you know they are not needed.

I leave files in quarantine until the next time I run at which time I delete the files from the previous session.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I do that too...no problems
Are you sure? Chances are high that they aren't working the way you expect them too. Do some research on how they work and you'll see why it's generally a bad idea to run 2 software firewalls

Lax

VIP Member
Bobo said:
I still don't see what's wrong with that......
Most antivirus programs don't like each other because of the way they are set up. Sometimes they will find false positives and sometimes they attack each others. It's usually best to have 1 AV and 1 FW and if you really was to 1 Hardware FW. The same thing is true for 2 firewalls, they don't like each other for much the same reasons.

Bobo

banned
Lord AnthraX said:
Most antivirus programs don't like each other because of the way they are set up. Sometimes they will find false positives and sometimes they attack each others.
The only thing I've ever seen is that they find each other's quarantine files, and "supposedly" delete them, but other than that, they both seem to work fine, as far as i can see (which sometimes ain't very far:D )

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
So your wasting DOUBLE the system resources you need to, and double the resources for the firewall as well. Also, if you truely have 2 fw's, you'll probably find a faster Internet response time with just one, (instead of having inbound/outbound communication being scanned/logged by 2 fw's). You're slowing your system down at 2 different points for no good reason at all. (but,... your choice...) Good luck

OS Dragon

You prefer AVG right? but Norton is better right? That like choosing a bike over a Ferrari because you like to keep fit :confused: You can't drive a Ferrari and ride a bike at the same time. Get rid of AVG! :D