Shutdown Dialog appears on secondary screen?!?

calpolyarc

When I go to 'Start' -> 'Turn off computer', the shutdown dialog always appears on my secondary monitor, not on the primary one. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? I haven't seen anything in Hydravision that will let me switch it, in fact, you cannot right-click or drag the shutdown dialog anyways! My secondary mon. is to the left of my primary, and I have a shady suspicion that that may be the culprit, does the shutdown dialog default to the 'left' monitor?? Thanks!

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I think you can't move it, but you can create some shortcuts to turn off, restart or logoff.
Create a shortcut on the desktop with these settings:
Work Folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\
Link To: C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -s (for shutdown); -l (for logoff); -r (for restart)

calpolyarc

Thanks Lorand, I'll give it a shot... If you ever come to the Seattle area let me know, I owe a beer... or two or three or.....

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Thanks for the invitation, but Seattle is quite far and I don't think I could ever go there... :eek:
But if you'll come to Europe, we could meet somewhere in Germany to drink some real stuff (drought Paulaner - the best in the world :rolleyes: ).

calpolyarc

Thanks Lorand, I do plan on going to Europe one day! I created shortcuts for 'shutdown' and 'restart' and they worked beautifully! Thank you very much for all of your time. Oh, by the way, I have been getting a lot of email replies from all the inquiries I sent out about getting an LG monitor to the states... they all said no :(

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
There's more: if you put the switch "-t 0" at the end of it (i.e. shutdown.exe -s -t 0), it shuts down the computer instantly (without that countdown).
Sorry to hear that there's no LG F900P in the US...

calpolyarc

You were holding out on me! lol, :D
Here's a very random question for you... just because you've answered everything else I have to see if I can stump you... :cool: Do you know how to make a webpage stay 'Always on Top' in HTML coding?? :rolleyes:
You're the man Lorand!