shutdown (hibernate) question

kage

New Member
Basically, my question is this:

There are shutdown codes (in the command prompt) for shutting down (-s) and restarting (-r)...so is there a code for the hibernate option which is now included in many Windows machines?

I'm running Windows Media Center 2005 edition if that makes a difference.
 
You can try following comands:
Code:
%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate
or
Code:
%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation
 
It's been a while since I first asked, but I'm going to try rephrasing it since I didn't say quite what I wanted to achieve in the original question.

Normally, I like to listen to music to fall asleep, so I set my computer to shutdown in a certain amount of time (when I expect to be asleep) so it doesn't run all night.

I normally use the (Windows+R) Run command prompt, and type the following:

shutdown -s -f -t 3600

which shuts down my computer after an hour.

Is there a simple way I can alter this to make it hibernate instead?
 
Back
Top