Simple Question... Ithink?

IamSuck

When I installed windows XP, it was on the "fat32" mode, which from what I hear is less security from drives - that's what I liked. It came time to format but when I tried to format it said I can only format every drive into NTFS, so I did. Didn't think much of it. Now when I try to install, most things say they failed to be copied or failed to install into some of the windows folders, this is because of NTFS right? I can't install codecs, my digi cam, vid cam, some xbox things because they keep getting errors. Is this because of NTFS? Anyway I can make it less secure?

Thanks

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
No that's not from NTFS at all.. Hmmmm although I'm not sure what's causing it either LOL I'm sure it's not NTFS.

How large is your HD? It almost sounds like your HD is scrap. Try installing Windows again.

Perhaps you dont have admin right's is another thought. How many profiles are on your machine?

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Is this because of NTFS? Anyway I can make it less secure?
No. The "security" features of NTFS come from OS support rather than hardware support and WXP will support either so you should be ok :)

As for your problems .... try runing a complete drive scan?