<<<<Simple Question>>>>

Emperor_nero

What kind of Disk drives? like CD's?, jumpfrives\flash drives?

But ether way it's is yes just about any kind of drive or portible media can have a virus.

Emperor_nero

Well they can be on CD's\DVD's, There is really no storage to speak of on the actual CD\DVD drive just on the discs you burn from there.

korter

thats what I figured but I didnt want to stick this drive in my new computor because it was in my old computor that crashed. thnx

Motoxrdude

Well they can be on CD's\DVD's, There is really no storage to speak of on the actual CD\DVD drive just on the discs you burn from there.

That made no sense. Are you saying that CD/DVDs don't store things, but they store what your write to them? <sarcasm> now that makes sense </sarcasm>
Isn't that how a hard drive operates?

Emperor_nero

That made no sense. Are you saying that CD/DVDs don't store things, but they store what your write to them? <sarcasm> now that makes sense </sarcasm>
Isn't that how a hard drive operates?

The actual CD\DVD-RW drive like the thing you put the DISC in does not really have any storage space on it, when you burn data to a disc they are stored in a TEMP file on the HDD not in the actual CD\DVD-RW drive, then when the burning is complete the TEMP files are deleted off the HDD.