Slow Wifi on SUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)

ANNR

Originally I installed windows 11 on the pc with ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) MOBO

I have Spectrum 500MB/s internet. Speed test is usually on the mark.

Same pc, I Installed windows 10 (didn't like 11)

Speedtest never reaches 300MB/s

I tried reinstalling drivers from Asus website and installed all the optional windows updates for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Speedtest still never reaches 300MB/s

Can anybody help me figure out what is wrong?

Thank you

ANNR

Hi Voyagerfan99

I know what that article is talking about.

My wifi router is fine, I get over 500MB/s on my other pc over wifi in the house.

My current pc gets over 500MB/s speedtest when it was on windows 11.

I went back to windows 10 and now i can't get over 300MB/s

Intel_man

VIP Member
Just want to confirm you're referring to the small b (bit) and not the big B (byte) when you're describing the speeds between the two?

What wifi card are you using?

When you rolled back to 10, did you make sure you're on the latest wireless drivers? Windows updates don't usually offer the latest drivers available, and if it's a wifi card not by asus, going to the asus website for it also might not result in the latest drivers.

Okedokey

Windows 10 reserves up to 80% of network bandwidth for windows apps. Enable the QoS function in GPO and set it to 0, to disable this.

1659934360664.png
Double click on Limit reversible bandwidth
Then enable and set bandwidth limit to 0

1659934538139.jpeg

ANNR

Thank you everyone for the help

Thank you voyagerfan99. Like always, you always reply to help!

Intel_man I think your correct about the speed term I used. I think it is Mb/s and not MB/s

Thank you Okedokey too.

I am not as active as compare to back in 2000 but this place is the best.

Turns out my wireless router is almost fine, 2 of the 3 antenna broke off causing the wireless range to be much shorter.

My speed test gets over 500Mb/s when I move my pc closer to the wireless router.

beers

Staff member
Which router? Wireless performance depends on both the router standard as well as the wNIC standard.

Also as per others MB/s usually implies megabytes, 8 bits in a byte, most interfaces are rated in bits since the NIC itself doesn't really care about processing the data at a higher layer.

300 mbit isn't bad, it depends on a lot of factors. Did you increase the channel width on the 5 GHz band and place your AP in clean airspace?