Slowing up!!!

Jiffyman

My computer has been slowing up latley more and more. Iv'e checked for spyware and viruses but nothing has speeded it up. When I log in it takes a good five minutes to start up. It freezes sometimes when I do simple task like opening display manager or closing programs. Well thats pretty much it. could it be that my computer is just crapy

Processor: Intel Celeron 800 megahertz

HD: 12 Gig quantum fireball

Video: 64 meg pci geforce 2 newest drivers

512 megabyte of ram

Computer: Hewlett packard 6835

I know some of this info may not be needed but i put it there just in case

funkymonky8u

im sry but i no that i have a celeron too but 800 MHZ i didnt even think those existed!!! lol jk but try going to download.com and use Spyware Sweeper by Webroot (i no u already scanned but use this one) and if you dont have a anti virus go to download.com again and get AVG by grisoft and try clearing your cache in ur browser options you may not have enough space on ur hd so ur comp can do certain things and u absolutly need to get a bigger hardrive, i have a 40 gb for 30 bucks if u want it

funkymonky8u

o and bear y do u have all those spyware/adware removers just use spyware sweeper it will replace all of those and it has active shields to block most adware/spyware b4 it even makes it to ut comp

Bear

funkymonky8u said:
o and bear y do u have all those spyware/adware removers just use spyware sweeper it will replace all of those and it has active shields to block most adware/spyware b4 it even makes it to ut comp

Thanks all the same but I will stick with what I have now. :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Because most isnt enough.

WIndows xp
Yeah the thing about WXP is that when you login and stuff... it makes it look like its done booting and stuff real fast ... but it doesnt finish booting for some time :)

speedyink

VIP Member
Make sure you have quite a bit of space left on your hard drive. I see you have a 12 gb one. If it's full or really close to it (say under 1gb) then it will slow your computer down lots.

smart ass

yeah, the same problem as my no spyware nor viruses found everything seems to be ok,
but still something is wrong :confused: :confused: :confused:

lilpaul2019

a if its slowing down alot it moght be that new Coolweb search spy ware that dls tojan so i would reformate my harddrive and spyware programs don catch this there is a cerain progam on like to dl it when i find it i will post it

funkymonky8u

ya i never thought of defraging the hardrive but that 12 gb hardrive is really killing that comp in these day in ages most new games require half of that hardrive ill still be willing to sell u that hardrive???

Last edited: