So-So little OC using Ntune?Advice?

mx344

So i was a little leanyent to use this program at first but i watched this guy on youtube, and he told me to drag the bar 1 space over everytime, so i did that and tested games, movies, internet, music and everything worked like it always does...
I want to go farther but i need some help.
In cpuz the voltage is sometimes getting up to 1.344v(it was already like this at stock)But i am not messing with the voltage at all while using this program, and i won't change it.So at what point should i stop, i have a 5200+ 2.7ghz-2.844ghz, but i feel like i can go all the way up to 2.95, because my cooling is good, the compontents are good, but the voltage is the limitation here.?

This processor is 1.325/1.35/1.375. not totally sure what all this means so someone help me :)

So my limit is 1.375?

smoothjk

There's no universal answer to this. Honestly, I would never recommend software overclocking unless you just want a small bump, and not if you're trying to fine-tune and get the most out of your CPU. Never used ntune before, so I don't know if there are artificial limits in place. Safe voltage generally depends on your method of cooling, though even with the best cooling solutions, there is an upper limit due to factors other than heat.

General rule is to keep increasing bus speed until you encounter instability (you should be testing for stability along the way using Prime95, OCCT, or Orthos). Once you are unstable and can't pass stability tests, you need to tone it back or raise voltage, which you seem hesitant to do. Of course, this is a very simplified way of describing it...

You need to read up more on this, and Youtube is not the best place to get overclocking examples haha.

Last edited: