Some I/net Pages Don't Load

Rambo

Ok, I recently connected my new computer to my old one so I can run the internet off that too. I bought a CAT5e Patch Cable (Ethernet male to male) and linked em up. I ran the network setup wizard on both ends and my computer picked up the internet connection. The strangest thing is, I can't view certain webpages. Like this one for example, I am typing this right now on my old PC. And I can view eBay, when when I click on 'My eBay' it just says it is loading (i see the loading progress bar go to one bar and stay like that).

It is like this:

The internet <======Computer 1 <======Computer 2

Computer one is the old computer which connects directly to the internet with the modem. Computer 2 is the new computer which connects to Computer 1 and uses the same internet connection.

Also, I cannot access Computer 1's shared folder/files via Computer 2 and vice versa. On Computer 2 I can click on 'View Workgroup Computers' whilst in 'My Network Places' and sometimes it will bring up Computer 2 and Computer 1. I double click Computer 1 and it says that I don't have the necessary permissions bla bla bla (I can't remember the rest). Sometimes it doesn't even show Computer 1 on the list.

When on Computer 1 I do the same steps up to clicking on 'View Workgroup Computers' and it won't even let me go any further. Again, something about permissions....

Can someone give me a hand here please?

Thank you :)

Rambo

OK, I have sorted the networking that allows me to access files from the SharedDocs folder on either computer, but I still have the internet problem...

Please, anyone!! Just help me!!

Thank you.

ZER0X

VIP Member
*Suggestion* Have you tried to hook computer 2 upto the internet ? and get the other one to connect?

Rambo

ZER0X said:
*Suggestion* Have you tried to hook computer 2 upto the internet ? and get the other one to connect?

Nope, but good idea. I'll try that now...

Rambo

ZER0X said:

Well, I tried that, and installed the necessary drivers, but my computer does not detect that internet connection :confused:

Not sure why, anyone?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well

Installed the newest drivers? My guess would be settings in terms of connection sharing. Make sure that you have changed the settings ensuring that the connection can be used by Computer 1.

JAN :D