"Somebody is scanning your computer."

NoLuck@All

My firewall says "Somebody has scanned your computer. Your computer's UDP ports 4163, 4164, 4165, and 4168 have been scanned from 69.148.41.99.." I dont like the looks of this.

LTSPLAY

im only new at this so the following could be a load of rubbish

By the looks of it its SBC Internet Services

correct me if im wrong but does it mean some (or maybe several) host(s) are looking to see if you have any
ports open that they can
exploit
The firewall is just letting you know this is happening.
I heard its pretty normal to get the odd port scan.

At least your firewall is picking it up

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
NoLuck@All said:
My firewall says "Somebody has scanned your computer. Your computer's UDP ports 4163, 4164, 4165, and 4168 have been scanned from 69.148.41.99.." I dont like the looks of this.

Do you have a firewall and if so did it say that it stoped it, if so your good to go!!

Jerkstore

do you currently have a router set up??
if you are connecting through a router then either a) someone on your own LAN is scanning your IP, or b) a machine on your LAN has been compromised

by the sounds of it...this is unlikely, that you have a router, as your firewall should only pick up external connections, leaving all internal network connections wide open

your firewall should block these attempts, basically someone is scanning your IP to see if there is any exploitable software active on those ports....sometimes you can run code from these exploits, sometimes a DoS attack followed by a man in the middle attack...just make sure you have a good firewall set up, or get yourself a router

Jerkstore

ok well...are YOU Behind a router??

btw, the guy scanning you is from Texas and uses Southwestern Bell Internet Service
For Policy Abuse issues contact: [email protected] [1-800-648-1626]

If you hide behind a router then your machine isn't open to public attacks unless you put your internal IP in the router's DMZ or he's scanning ports that you are forwarding

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
http://cqcounter.com/whois/

With this, it also tells you his address and name. Although, tbh, i have no idea if its him. I was going by "custname" and assumiong it was customer name

CustName: PPPoX Pool - Rback5 TULSOK
Address: 2701 W 15th ST PMB 236
City: Plano
StateProv: TX
PostalCode: 75075
RegDate: 2004-01-27
Updated: 2004-01-27

Jerkstore

That is his local ISP's address....
you can find out more about HIM...but not from a whois, and the mods I'm sure will delete my posts if I tell you any ways ;)

but you can always call that number and do a little SEing