someone please help

EWC88

Ok I just got this ASUS laptop and its becoming more of a pain in the a$$ then ever. The support blows I'd like to mention. But anyway, I want to set up a damn email. I'm used to XP havin the outlook express, with vista when I click on my start menu theres Microsoft office outlook. Asus told me I had to buy the Microsfot package that had word and crap for the product key. I bought it I type it in and its saying its wrong. I call them and no help. What must I do to set up a email using Microsoft office outlook??????

Vipernitrox

you called asus and they wouldn't give you any support on a microsoft product??? how odd....

anyways you bought and it should be working, try it again and check for typo's like a zero instead of an "o" and check caps. if that doesn't work just return the office package the serial simply isn't working.

EWC88

Yea all the said is I have to buy Outlook or w.e email to have it, when the other damn guy told me I didn't.

But unforantely there isn't any o or zeros in this. Everything is typed in right and it says the key isn't correct. Now I just install the word and everything on this laptop am I now going have to unistall this?

Also let me state it is letting me continue without adding the product key, but am I going have to eventually put one in?

Vipernitrox

letting you continue isn't the normal procedure.. maybe new in office 2007 or something. Anyway you'll probably have to put one in in the near future yes.
So i'd bring back the product then.