Songs Skipping?

heyman421

banned
well, i'd just blow out the fan, and clean out any air filters (if your case has them) and see if anything changes.

i don't know what else the problem could be. you did everything i would think to try, short of getting frustrated, and giving up

sup2jzgte

well, i'd just blow out the fan, and clean out any air filters (if your case has them) and see if anything changes.

i don't know what else the problem could be. you did everything i would think to try, short of getting frustrated, and giving up

Yeah I cleaned out all the vents, I think I'm going to head on over to Newegg and pick up a better fan and see what happens then. I will NEVER let a Dell get the best of me.........NEVER I TELL YOU :D

sup2jzgte

I went to the store today and picked up some better fans, a controller (because Dell does not believe cooling, so there is only one fan port) and I order a Zalman CPU fan from Newegg which came in today as well. So after hooking everything up, I can finally tell you what my CPU temp and it is 31.5, which I could never do before because yet again Dell did not put a temp sensor on this piece of crap. So after installing everything I put on my media player in hopes that the processor was over heating and causing the problem, but sadly I dont think it is over heating because it is still doing the damn thing :( and the temp is only at 31.5. SO I guess its back to the drawing board yet AGAIN

sup2jzgte

I added a video of what I'm dealing with I really hope it helps, because I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of at this point

WeatherGeek

I went to the store today and picked up some better fans, a controller (because Dell does not believe cooling, so there is only one fan port) and I order a Zalman CPU fan from Newegg which came in today as well. So after hooking everything up, I can finally tell you what my CPU temp and it is 31.5, which I could never do before because yet again Dell did not put a temp sensor on this piece of crap. So after installing everything I put on my media player in hopes that the processor was over heating and causing the problem, but sadly I dont think it is over heating because it is still doing the damn thing :( and the temp is only at 31.5. SO I guess its back to the drawing board yet AGAIN

a bit OT from the reason for the thread... but what store did you get your fan controller from. I live in Western Mass...

heyman421

banned
i think you should stop bothering with it before you throw any more money at it.

you could just buy a brand new computer for $300-400 bucks, rather than spending the same 300-400 and STILL not having a computer that works.

sup2jzgte

i think you should stop bothering with it before you throw any more money at it.

you could just buy a brand new computer for $300-400 bucks, rather than spending the same 300-400 and STILL not having a computer that works.

Well I really only spent $100 so far, because most of the stuff I had hanging around. Yeah I understand what you mean though, but I'm not going to put anymore money into this, because I REALLY think it is just crappy Dell builds, but I really hate quitting stuff :(

$40 Fans
$15 Fan Controller
Free PSU (newegg replacement)
Free HD's (I have 6 spares)

a bit OT from the reason for the thread... but what store did you get your fan controller from. I live in Western Mass...

A buddy of mine that works in CT at PC store picked up for me and I paid him. You can get them on Ebay real cheap. I have also seen them at Compusa as well.

sup2jzgte

Just to keep this somewhat updated, I just upgraded to 1.5 gigs of Ram and it still skips like crazy. Everytime I trouble shoot this issue I will update it here, if anyone has any ideas please feel free to post up.