sony cybershot PLEASE HELP

xxocxx

ive only had my cybershot for a few months, it has only been use a few times, and the zoom lense has unexpectedly jammed for no apperent reason, has this happened to any one else :confused: or someone you no please reply

ahajv4life

i've had mine for a couplle of years, still workin pretty. You'll have to call Sony, because I believe retailers can't fix/take them back.....otheerwise you might be able to have a camera shop take a look at it...cheers.

Johnnyboy0056

i hear sony is terrible at customer support....check with the store first to see if u can return/exchange it....will be the quickest solution.

4W4K3

VIP Member
and this is why you stick with Canon lol.

but seriously...i'd go with calling Sony. unless of course you can disassemble the camera and fix it yourself.

took apart my casio digi-cam thinking i'd clean it out and put it back together. HAH! that thing is so small, but it's jusst a ball of metal and wires inside. couldn't stick a toothpick inbetween some of those parts. you wouldn't believe how complicated a mini digi-cam is. but worth a try. i simply took mine apart and put it back together...no way i was gonna try totally dis-assembling it.

sho95

I never had problem with sony products. 80% of my electronics are sony. Every time I had a question they took good care of me. I even had them come out to my house to replace a remote that really only had a dead batt. Besides you get one year warr. on them if I'm correct

ViperGTS19801

First of all, whenever you go to a store to buy a piece of technology that costs any more than $150 - $200, ALWAYS purchase the store's in-house extended warantee. It helps avoid problems like this in the future. Most retailers will only have a return policy of anywhere from 14 to 30 days, after which, if it breaks, you're fuxx0r3d. It's just plain foolish not to get that extended warantee.

What ahajv4life said was true: Retailers do NOT repair digital cameras in-house. They do, however, ship out and recieve damaged, repaired, or replaced units free of charge (provided you bought the extended warantee, how many times need I mention it). It usually takes up to two weeks, but often you get the unit back in about 5-7 days.

If you've had it as long as you say (upwards of a couple of months), I can pretty much guarantee that the store you bought it from will do absolutely nothing to help you without charging you money for it. Given the nature of the breakage (lens), it might be more worthwhile to get a whole new camera. And...

BUY THE WARANTEE. n00bz. :p