Sony Vaio?

Joefox

That's a really... hard question to answer. In fact, noone will be able to give you a dependable answer. Your best answer lie in your own time spent with it. You will know down the road. Take good care of it, defrag it often, keep it spyware and virus free, make sure it's plugged into a surge protector, give it some breathing room, and bolster it with proper circulation (airflow).

Anyway, long story short, if you did not buy the machine yet, I suggest to message me before you do so. If you did, I congratulate you on your purchase, I hear the laptops are quite small. On the other hand, I went to bestbuy the other day, and I saw a sony viao desktop in the customer service area being returned. Maybe they just did not know how to take care of their PC, eh?

AainaalyaA

I'M dying to get my hands on a Vaio... the http://www.vaio.sony.co.jp/Products/PCG-TR3/ as its just small and cudly to sleep with...

but then again, I' wouldn't mind a good robust american IBM... or even a Fujitsu.. I'm still contemplating.. but a vaio is the best bet thus far.

Look at the specs, and compare it with the rest in its genre..
Clearly outstanding, but a h/w is a h/w until it breaks...

so whether its a vaio, fujitsu or even an Ibm, its just another piece of metal :p

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
what do u think about a sony vaio, do u think its a good and dependable computer? I got a $1300 Vaio.
It's a solid machine I'm sure but i think you probably could have gotten more for your money in other places :)

I suggest to message me before you do so
Why not just post openly so others can give feedback? :)

Joefox

For fear of going off topic, rambling, sounding unintelligent, or just simply clashing in opinion :D

Last edited:

AAAsnwbordr

When i exit "Halo Combat Evolved", my pc restarts. i don't know why. Also, my processer doesn't seem that fast. It's a pentium 4, 3.2 with 800mhz of front side bus. I'v got 512mb of RAM, radeon 9200 (128mb), and the hard drive is 7200 rpm.

Joefox

Your PC restarts? I wonder what the temperature of your CPU and VGA are during game play. Does it ever restart at any other time? During gameplay? Is your room air conditioned? How is the cooling looking like in your PC?

AAAsnwbordr

My pc is in our basement. Our basement is underground so its pretty cool. We don't have air conditioning though. My pc has two fans, there pretty big too. One is on the motherboard and the other one is on the back of the pc. There's plenty of ventilation as well. My dad told me the same thing. He said that it might be too hot in the room, but that was in my room on the top floor.

It does restart once and a while during gameplay but hardly ever.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
My pc is in our basement. Our basement is underground so its pretty cool. We don't have air conditioning though. My pc has two fans, there pretty big too. One is on the motherboard and the other one is on the back of the pc. There's plenty of ventilation as well. My dad told me the same thing. He said that it might be too hot in the room, but that was in my room on the top floor.
It does restart once and a while during gameplay but hardly ever.
What are the actual temps? Try something like MBM5 to check, http://www.ody.ca/~develand/

a vaio desktop? Hmmm... I've never seen one of those
Think expensive ... and double it :p

Grimulus

AAAsnwbordr said:
what do u think about a sony vaio, do u think its a good and dependable computer? I got a $1300 Vaio.

I've heard very good things from sony with ALL of their products. I personally have owned many Sony products but never a computer and they have all been great. I've known poeple to have some Vaio comps and they really liked them and they were quite dependable.