SonyViao

shaidi

Happy New Years!!!

I am experincing a small problem on a Song Viao Laptop. When i turn it on a Beeping sound starts to alert after the SONY logo appears. I checked the ram, battery. etc.. and they are all in place. Im thinking is might be the settings of the BIOS and i cant seem to get access to enter there. how can RESET with out having to remove the BIOS battery. or does anyone know why its doing this. But after a few seconds it boots in to windows. and then i experiance another problem there. when i right click on the mouse and want to refresh it continuesly scroles from the top to the bottom. i have to press the ARROW UP to make it stop. once i do that its ok. Another thing is that the ARROW DOWN on the keyboard is bad. could it be that whats cousing the problem.

please any advice or help would be great

thanks

Scrat

The beeping sound could be either a BIOS Beep Code, or the warrning you get when you hold down a key during the boot process.

At a guess it sounds like the problem is to do with a stuck button. Try pulling the 'Down Arrow" key off the keyboard by gently levering the corner of it up with the tip of a knife...it should just 'pop' off. Check for any coffee residue etc.. Spray some electronic circuit board cleaner(non-conductive) or the like onto the key and keyboard and give it a bit of a brush, then reassemble by pushing it back on.

Also, try checking the beeps against a list of bios codes. You can use this link http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.beepcodes.html

Hope it works for you.

shaidi

Thank you. I will try out what u said. seems that the arrow key is the problem. will let u know if it works or if not.

thanks again