Sounds really stupid i know- printer wont work..

Xenoshane

I have an Epson Stylus C20UX printer, and when i check the ink levels it says my black ink cartridge is half full.. but when i print something it comes out blank, i ran a nozzle check and print head re alignment but neither have sorted this out-
so my question is ; is my printer screwed.
or
i tried to change the cartridge but did not get any prompt so i dont know now how to get into this, have followed the maual too and that not helping..

any help is appreciated either in changing to a new cartridge or if anyone has any other ideas as to why this happens, ive bn here for hours not gettin anywhere :confused:

Ultravis

Are you using Epson made cartridges or third party compatible ones? You may have some problems using the third party ones.

Also, If you've installed and reinstalled the cartridge a large number of times it may have contributed to inaccurate measurement readings.

Make sure you use the latest drivers too.

Xenoshane

3rd party bit the problem isnt installing it as such its gettin the dam printer to know im installing it.. ya know... putting itself in place to be opened etc.

ill check the drivers in a minute, thanks for responding ill post again as soon as i know

Xenoshane

and havent installed/reinstalled much, once or twice,

would the 3rd party be the cause of the inaccurate readings?

Ultravis

It's very possible. I had the same kind of problem not so long ago using 3rd party carts. The black cart I have in the printer now reads as having 2 blocks of ink left, but prints nothing.

I'm sticking to the brand printer cartridges now.

Xenoshane

everything seems to be ok, but theres no tab that says "install new cartridge" or anything so im completely lost at the moment?!

Xenoshane

..still havin the same problem, someone told me that epson printers are dosgy and read ink levels by the number of pages that have bn printed as opposed to how much ink is actually i nthe cartridge.. any truth in this? should i just print like 200 pages and hope that it realises the ink is gone then?

Print nozzle blocked.
1. Run at least 20 head cleaning (then print after)
2. Put alcohol onto a piece of Q-tip and spread it into the nozzle. Wait for a hour. Print again

Pontos

I'm having exactly the same problem, with the same type of printer: C20UX.
Dodgy indeed. I had to force it to print a lot, "thinking" it was using ink, in order to be allowed to replace the cartridge. Fine, but with the new (3rd party) cartridge nothing whatsoever gets on paper - even when the Status Monitor tells me there's lots of ink left :(

All becasue, in the first place, I wanted to save some ink by taking out the cartridge (original EPSON) and inserting it again, to squeeze out the last drops of ink. It had worked with my previous printer, an Epson stylus 580.

I'm now trying advice #1 in the post from PC Technology - but am close to giving up... or going to try #2.