Speed of wireless broadband/3g?

NVX_185

Which part of Australia are you from?
I don't use wireless broadband but I do use a wireless adapter that connects to TPG ADSL2+ which offers shit speeds, compared to LAN speeds.

linkin

VIP Member
I'm in sydney. specifically west ryde. i looked in vodafones coverage map and apparently i should be good as far as a quality signal goes. As for speeds, i wont know until it gets here... my order is in transit again... :(

linkin

VIP Member
Wow. what a ****ing headache. They tried to deliver again TODAY while i was at home. no knock on the door... Now the package has to be sent back to vodafone and i have to contact them to authorise a 3rd delivery..

Bollocks! :mad:

Geoff

VIP Member
Which part of Australia are you from?
I don't use wireless broadband but I do use a wireless adapter that connects to TPG ADSL2+ which offers shit speeds, compared to LAN speeds.
No one gets internet speeds comparable to LAN speeds.

linkin

VIP Member
It's not tethering though, it's a dedicated reciever for the computer. A USB modem. Still, those speeds look half decent.

MyCattMaxx

hopefully the courier will be here today :)
Roo.jpg
:D

linkin

VIP Member
looks like he'll be here tomorrow. :( god i hate australian air express, so useless.

BTW, kangaroos can't fly. ;)

linkin

VIP Member
Well there;s 3G and then wireless boradband, HSUPA or something. apparently thats what im connected to. and i get 8-120 pings in CS:S so it's actually quite usable! does droput/lag for a round occasionally... but i have a full signal. :)

linkin

VIP Member
That is normaly becuase you are using a phone as a modem. What i have is a dedicated USB reciever with a sim card in it. When i connect, the network is called "Vodafone Australia 3G" but it tells me the connection type is HSUPA, which is true wireless broadband over the mobile phone network.