Speedfan Smartguardian

ilikesimpsons

Hi I have a Gateway GT5468 PC and I just upgraded to a Nvidia 9800GT from the stock video card. I have noticed my PC has begun to run much hotter. As a result I wanted to increase the case fan speeds as well as the GPU fan speed. I have successfully done the GPU fan using Rivatuner. The case fans though are a different story. I have a Phoenix AwardBIOS and there is an option called "Smart Fan Control". I have tried turning it on and off to no effect. I have tried to use speedfan but whenever I go into the Advanced Options to change my "Temps" from SmartGuardian to Software Controlled, I can take control of them but than they always immediately change back to Smartguardian.

Do any of you know how to make the setting stay at Software Controlled so I can manually take control of fan speeds?

P.S: The GPU is VERY hot. It idles around 72C

Last edited:

ilikesimpsons

Nevermind guys. Since I had the stock Gateway custom BIOS, it locked out everything, including the fan control option in the OS. I flashed the BIOS with the official ECS BIOS and now I have control of the fans in Speefan.