"Speedtest.net" Server Issue

Krovos

I'm working on a client's computer remotely, who is having issues with disconnects on "Outlook" and "Remote Server". I ran a ping test for an hour, to both servers, and came back without any packet loss or disconnects; nothing gave me any indication of potential reasons for disconnects.

I logged into "Speedtest.net" to see what her internet speeds were and it is showing her location out of state. She is currently in Colorado, but she is geographically being shown in Missouri. Why is this happening and it it something I need to be concerned with?

I know she is currently connected with AT&T on a 4G signal, so perhaps this could be a strange mobile network issue. Regardless, it is very unordinary, and was hoping I might be able to get some clarification.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
She's being shown there because that's where her signal for her 4G connection is coming from. It originates there, hits a satellite or repeater towers, until it hits her 4G device. The same thing happens when you use a satellite provider for internet, such as Hughsnet.