Still Cant detect my cdrw

joelkyr

I just wondrin what happened to my cdrw, whenever I go to MY COMPUTER, its not there, it seems its not detected by my system, I was advised by PRAETOR to uninstall it and rebooting it, but still it was not detected, ived check the cable and everything but to no avail, so can anyone advised on this matter. THANKS :confused:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
GOd i have the same problem on my laptop ... pain aint it?
- Whats the model of the drive
- Operating system
- Is it possible the drive is actually toasted?
- Is it possible there isnt enough power or the power rail is "out"?

joelkyr

Its a LITEON cdrw running on Windows XP PRO, its a new drive but the power aspect, I havent tested it yet. I was thinking about the jumper setting, which should be the master the DVDROM or the CDRW, both of them are on cable select. so how do Ifix this problem?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking about the jumper setting, which should be the master the DVDROM or the CDRW, both of them are on cable select. so how do Ifix this problem?
This will only have an effect if you've got another device on the same cable as the one with the Litey. Have a look at the other device and see what setting it's on. If the other device is on Master/Slave than make the Litey on Slave/Master. If it's on CS than change the Litey to CS :)

joelkyr

Ived got it all figured out!!!!:) My cable is the culprit, I got an old cable from my old PC and installed and viola!!!! dvdrom and crdw dtected!!! THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!:):)