[Strange] Computer Starts Straight to Bios

Respital

Hello everyone.

I have a strange problem with a friends computer. When i first started the computer it went stright to the bios and to the cpu spped or freqenc setting. I slected defalut to make sure i didn't change anything... it's currently 1250mhz. Now gets to the scary part, when i looked down the screen it said that the Vcore was set to 1.824V (shown as 1.808 in screen shot because it fluctuates) :eek: i tried to change it but that was the minimum... should i be worried? If it makes any difference this computer in operating in Poland where the voltage in 220V from the wall.

Now i'm not too familiar to running diagnstic tests, so i was wondering if someone could tell me what i should do first. I'm going to create a thread in the security section to rule that out. Otherwise i'm not sure what too look for. Below is a screen shot of Cpu-Z. I aplosogise for my bad spelling/grammar as this computer can't spell check in english. :eek:

Last edited:

jdbennet

thats 1 (decimal point) 808 volts

NOT

1 thousand eight hundred and eight volts

in the US and UK "." is a decimal point, and we use , to seperate thousands, which is the opposite of most other european countries

for example, in shops in the US and UK we would have $1.99 or for a candybar and $30,000 for a car

Respital

thats 1 (decimal point) 808 volts

NOT

1 thousand eight hundred and eight volts

in the US and UK "." is a decimal point, and we use , to seperate thousands, which is the opposite of most other european countries

for example, in shops in the US and UK we would have $1.99 or for a candybar and $30,000 for a car

Ya sorry the keyboards here are messed up like for example if i press "y" i see a "z", and so on.

Well anyways, i'm starting to suspect a problem with the power supply as the computer turned off after exactly 2 minutes 13 seconds and 05 milliseconds of use. And has done so twice so far. Any recomendations ?:confused:

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
What will happend to the computer if the cmos battery completly dies?
Probably nothing serious, all settings will simply go back to factory defaults and it'll probably boot up in BIOS every time you boot. More of an annoyance (since you probably have to set the time/date/other settings every time the computer boots up)

Respital

Probably nothing serious, all settings will simply go back to factory defaults and it'll probably boot up in BIOS every time you boot. More of an annoyance (since you probably have to set the time/date/other settings every time the computer boots up)

Thats definatly A big annoyance.
Too bad when i told them this they told me not to get a new one because they need the computer to study for their drivers licenece, oh well they'll learn once they have to set everything and when the blow up the computer. Thanks. :)