Strange Issues yet again

Kornowski

VIP Member
So I've had W7 running great for the past few months. I swapped over to it since I had nothing but BSOD's and problems with Vista. However, the problems seem to have started with W7.

I was doing some work before, when suddenly, the internet went off (only on my computer, all the others connected to the router were fine) and my appearance turned aero off. So I restarted and tried doing a few things in Windows and got a BSOD; 0x000001A MEMORY_MANAGAMENT. So I restarted again, then when I tried opening programs I got an error message with each program; 'R6031 - Attempt to initiate the CRT more than once. This indicates a bug in your application.'

After restarting again, Windows Explorer stopped working as soon as I got to the desktop. Then sometimes my internet won't connect, or programs won't open.

Just now, I've managed to boot, but it's been slow in loading my programs on startup. Here's a mini dump file attached.

Avast and my firewall have turned themselves off and won't turn back on. Avasts says: The AAVM subsystem detected a RPC error.

I just tried Safe mode to un-install Avast, but my programs wouldn't open it said 'Unable to star correctly 0x00005' and then I got a BSOD, whilst in Safe Mode.


I downloaded Malwarebytes and was running the scan an I got another BSOD (0x0000019) so I tried to start it again. When I was re-booting Windows, I noticed when the flag appears (with Windows 7) there was artifacting around the flag! When I got into Windows the sound icon was reporting there wasn't any sound, but it'd play music just fine. It also turns out I can't use it for say more than 5 minutes without it BSOD'ing, so running malwarebates is near impossible.

With the artifacing 'n all I kind of think it could be the motherboard dying?
 
I've had very few problems with Windows Vista. The biggest problems I have had have had to do with defragmenting the operating system. Auslogics Defragmenter solved that issue.

You have used the same hardware for Windows Vista and Windows 7? I think this is a hardware issue and not a software issue.
 
Yeah, I think it's more than likely hardware, too.

I took out two sticks of RAM last night (So I'm now running 2 x 1GB) and it's been running Ok since. I've managed to un-install Avast, install Nod32 (which I must say is miles better!), run a virus scan, install Malwarebytes, run a scan with that (which it found one thing, and it sorted it). It's been pretty much Ok so far. Would you say that was a sure indication I should replace my RAM? Strange that it should die all of a sudden, or that using all 4 slots, should suddenly become a major problem.
 
Try running Memtest86+ for around at least seven hours to test out your RAM. If Memtest86+ shows any errors on your memory you have found a problem.
 
Try running Memtest86+ for around at least seven hours to test out your RAM. If Memtest86+ shows any errors on your memory you have found a problem.

I've ran Memtest when I've had these problems in the past, but it hasn't found anything. Though, I've heard that other people have faulty Ballistix, but Memtest hasn't found any issues. Could be that my board doesn't like having 4 sticks in there, also. I'll give Memtest another try when I get the chance, thanks.
 
i agree. test the two sticks in there. if they pass. swap for the two you took out and test them. if they fail, you have the answer, if they also pass, it could be a ram slot on mobo that has gone off, or another mobo issue.
good luck, post results.
 
Back
Top