Strange Problem

Carmelenigma

Ive encountered a strange problem since i built my pc about a year ago. It semi-randomly restarts itself. The monitor seems healthy, nothing wrong with it. I say semi randomly because my roomate can trigger it by trying to transfer too many files from me via our network. However it can occur with me doing nothing at all, no downloading or anything. Sometimes the restarts occur more frequently than before, and that becomes very annoying. Im almost positive it is a hardware issue, because ive installed windows hundreds of times on it since ive gotten it. I am at a loss as to which piece of hardware could cause this problem for me. Can anyone help me??

ethernet

banned
i've heard some other people have been having problems like that. I have no clue what it could be, but if you get linux it'll solve alot

neil1200

I had the same trouble and I started trouble shooting it by removing one hardware at a time..and guess what it worked. My ATA hard drive had a bent pin..I don't remember what pin it was, but that pin was making contact with a ground pin. This was cousing my computer to restart on it's own.

I fixed that pin by straightening it out and since than It's been working fine. Also, you may wanna to make sure your computer is not getting too hot.