'Strange' problems with Windows XP

sjah

New Member
Hi everyone. My Windows XP and also my web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.) are working on an unexpected way.

First of all, Windows. It doesn't save the recent used program list from Start Menu, and every time I restart Windows the Quick Launch bar is disabled.

Then my web browsers. I was using Firefox and suddently one day it stopped working 100%. Some web pages could not be loaded properly, and some of them (like Google IG) were loaded but I was unable to interact with control panel buttons. I tried installing G. Chrome and I had the same, and after tried installing Opera and it worked in some of this pages where others didn't, but it failed to work in some of the web pages other's did work. And suddently one day stopped working with the webs that used to work at first.

Also my MSN Messenger doesn't save my colour schemes and nicknames, if I chenge them.

I've tried running antivirus, antispyware, etc. and nothing relevant was found. I also tried to clean privacy data via Ccleaner but nothing happened. At least I tried to work with all my antivirus services disabled, also disabled my firewall, but still the same.

About Windows problems I can't remember how it happened. Browser troubleshooting started time ago when I activated Tracksweep, an option from Ad-Aware that cleans permanently private the privacy data (I've uninstalled this application).

I've been thinking it could be a problem with hosts/cookies and internet or system cache, but I'm not sure if it is and how to fix it.

What must be happening? Is there a way to fix these problems?

Thanks for your help.
 
im not sure about the other problems but the internet problem, its a bug that XP has. had it, never found the solution, went away on its own.
 
Thanks for answering, bm23.

I've copied a sample from Opera's error console:

CSS - http://tk2.stc.s-msn.com/br/hp/11/en-us/css/ovr_14.css
Linked-in stylesheet
Invalid value for property: margin
Line 1:
th:auto;float:none}#intlTk .e1 img{margin-right:50px}#intlTk .e2.f2{margin:none;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://tk2.stc.s-msn.com/br/hp/11/en-us/css/ovr_14.css
Linked-in stylesheet
Invalid value for property: padding
Line 1:
Tk .e1 img{margin-right:50px}#intlTk .e2.f2{margin:none;float:none;padding:none;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://login.live.com/pp600/css/WEBWinQFE3082.css?x=6.0.2.1
Linked-in stylesheet
text-index is an unknown property
Line 108:
{padding:3px 4px 2px 4px;text-index:0;}
------------------------------------^
CSS - http://login.live.com/pp600/css/WEBWinQFE3082.css?x=6.0.2.1
Linked-in stylesheet
-ms-interpolation-mode is an unknown property
Line 110:
{padding:4px 8px 4px 0;-ms-interpolation-mode:bicubic;}
----------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://login.live.com/pp600/css/WEBWinQFE3082.css?x=6.0.2.1
Linked-in stylesheet
Declaration syntax error
Line 138:
ter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.DropShadow(color='#88B4C6',offX=2,offY=2);
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://login.live.com/pp600/css/WEBWinQFE3082.css?x=6.0.2.1
Linked-in stylesheet
Declaration syntax error
Line 140:
ter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.DropShadow(color='#DDDDDD',offX=2,offY=2);
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://login.live.com/pp600/css/WEBWinQFE3082.css?x=6.0.2.1
Linked-in stylesheet
Declaration syntax error
Line 142:
{filter:alpha(opacity=25);}
--------------------------^
CSS - http://login.live.com/pp600/css/WEBWinQFE3082.css?x=6.0.2.1
Linked-in stylesheet
zoom is an unknown property
Line 152:
{margin:0;padding:0 0 18px;zoom:1;width:auto;font-weight:normal;float:left;}
--------------------------------^
CSS - http://login.live.com/pp600/css/WEBWinQFE3082.css?x=6.0.2.1
Linked-in stylesheet
zoom is an unknown property
Line 168:
{zoom:1;padding:0 4px;display:block;}
------^
JavaScript - http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=...l.live.com/default.aspx?n=1782224035&id=64855
Inline script compilation
Syntax error while loading: line 6 of linked script at http://login.live.com/pp600/WLLogin_JS_QFE.srf?lc=3082&x=6.0.2.1 :
Expected token: ')'
ndefined")return true;return false;}if(IEVerxœ�R]kÛ0}ì?¸b‹&^{®²ÔÛ KWÖn/!U¾q²ld9s0þï»RÒÆ^:Ø‹
-------------------------------------------------^
JavaScript - http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=...l.live.com/default.aspx?n=1782224035&id=64855
Event thread: load
Error:
name: ReferenceError
message: Statement on line 1: Undefined variable: onLoad_Login
Backtrace:
Line 1 of function script
onLoad_Login();
...
stacktrace: n/a; see 'opera:config#UserPrefs|Exceptions Have Stacktrace'
CSS - http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/pantalla.8871.css
Linked-in stylesheet
Declaration syntax error
Line 1:
ize:11px;padding:5px;text-align:right;}.alpha-function{filter:alpha(opacity=20);
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/pantalla.8871.css
Linked-in stylesheet
-moz-opacity is an unknown property
Line 1:
ing:5px;text-align:right;}.alpha-function{filter:alpha(opacity=20);-moz-opacity:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/pantalla.8871.css
Linked-in stylesheet
Declaration syntax error
Line 1:
#444;background-color:#FFF2C9;border:1px solid #cccc88;filter:alpha(opacity=70);
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/pantalla.8871.css
Linked-in stylesheet
-moz-opacity is an unknown property
Line 1:
nd-color:#FFF2C9;border:1px solid #cccc88;filter:alpha(opacity=70);-moz-opacity:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/pantalla.8871.css
Linked-in stylesheet
_position is an unknown property
Line 1:
ckground-color:#ea9135;}#FloatingWindows{display:block;position:fixed;_position:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/pantalla.8871.css
Linked-in stylesheet
Declaration syntax error
Line 1:
border-bottom:1px solid #c9e2f5;}.red-zone{opacity:.40;filter:alpha(opacity=40);
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/pantalla.8871.css
Linked-in stylesheet
-moz-opacity is an unknown property
Line 1:
:1px solid #c9e2f5;}.red-zone{opacity:.40;filter:alpha(opacity=40);-moz-opacity:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/pantalla.8871.css
Linked-in stylesheet
Declaration syntax error
Line 1:
;text-decoration:none;}.iframe-transparent{opacity:.40;filter:alpha(opacity=40);
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/pantalla.8871.css
Linked-in stylesheet
-moz-opacity is an unknown property
Line 1:
ion:none;}.iframe-transparent{opacity:.40;filter:alpha(opacity=40);-moz-opacity:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
JavaScript - http://www.tuenti.com/
Inline script compilation
Syntax error while loading: line 1 of linked script at http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/libgeneral.8743.js :
Expected identifier
pload(B){if($("frame_"+B)){frames["frame_"+B].new Object( );frames["frame_"+B].document.write("");f
-------------------------------------------------^
JavaScript - http://www.tuenti.com/
Inline script compilation
Syntax error while loading: line 1 of linked script at http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/events.8743.js :
Expected expression
ord=123456789?";if(doc_ie4){var A=new Object( )<\/script>\"")}else{var A=new Object( );A.document.w
-------------------------------------------------^
CSS - http://www.tuenti.com/
HTML style attribute
font-color is an unknown property
Line 1:
font-color:#333;
-----------^
CSS - http://www.tuenti.com/
HTML style attribute
font-color is an unknown property
Line 1:
font-color:#333;
-----------^
JavaScript - http://www.tuenti.com/
Inline script compilation
Syntax error while loading: line 1 of linked script at http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/libgeneral.8743.js :
Expected identifier
pload(B){if($("frame_"+B)){frames["frame_"+B].new Object( );frames["frame_"+B].document.write("");f
-------------------------------------------------^
JavaScript - http://www.tuenti.com/
Inline script compilation
Syntax error while loading: line 1 of linked script at http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/events.8743.js :
Expected expression
ord=123456789?";if(doc_ie4){var A=new Object( )<\/script>\"")}else{var A=new Object( );A.document.w
-------------------------------------------------^
JavaScript - http://www.tuenti.com/
Inline script compilation
Syntax error while loading: line 1 of linked script at http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/libgeneral.8743.js :
Expected identifier
pload(B){if($("frame_"+B)){frames["frame_"+B].new Object( );frames["frame_"+B].document.write("");f
-------------------------------------------------^
JavaScript - http://www.tuenti.com/
Inline script compilation
Syntax error while loading: line 1 of linked script at http://estaticosak1.tuenti.com/events.8743.js :
Expected expression
ord=123456789?";if(doc_ie4){var A=new Object( )<\/script>\"")}else{var A=new Object( );A.document.w
-------------------------------------------------^

Just in one website where the browsers fail. And it's curious, for example I can't access my Hotmail via Opera but I can via Firefox, and some webs can't be displayed by Firefox but are able via Chrome. Other webs are unavailable for all browsers, as this one is (tuenti).

Thanks for reading, looking forward to fix this s**t.
 
Back
Top