WIndows 10 Strange Thing Happened?

Kamaki

My computer crashed. It was a HP with an upgraded Windows 10 Operating System. So, i could not save anything. It wouldn't even boot up anymore. I purchased a new computer. Another HP with Windows 10 Pro installed. When this new computer booted up, my old desktop background picture loaded as well. Then all of my old emails from the computer that crashed also loaded up. I'm new to computers. How is this possible? I did nothing and they were there. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Thank you, Tommy.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Did you log into Windows 10 through your email account? If so, I believe Windows 10 sync's your emails straight to outlook without much setup required.

Kamaki

Did you log into Windows 10 through your email account? If so, I believe Windows 10 sync's your emails straight to outlook without much setup required.
To be honest, not sure what I did. I know I turned this brand new computer on for the first time and just waited for the computer to boot up. I don't recall logging on at all. If I remember correctly, it did not boot up showing the windows logo. I think at that point I may have turned the computer off, then turning it back on. I believe at that time I was then prompted to log on. Don't recall if it was through my email account or not. After a few minutes I notice that my desktop background from my original computer that crashed, had popped up. I then clicked on the mail tab at the bottom of the screen. It opened up. I then clicked on my email account and noticed that the emails started popping up. Very strange to me. I'm sure there is some simple explanation as to what happened, just don't know what it is, or in what sequence things took place. I'm sure you or someone else knows. Thank you for your support, Tommy.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can almost guarantee that you used your microsoft account to log in which would have synced everything from your old one to new one. Thats the only way it could have happened.

Kamaki

Can almost guarantee that you used your microsoft account to log in which would have synced everything from your old one to new one. Thats the only way it could have happened.
You are probably right. I had a conversation with a friend of mine and he told me the same thing. I thank you all for your awesome support. Stay safe. Aloha, Tommy.