Stripes on screen

Rait

I'm sorry when I make some mistakes in English because I can't speak English quite well.
Here is the problem. There are stripes on the screen. I can't tell anything else about them because I don't know what's the problem. I think here are smart people who can help me. I wrote this problem here, because I guess the problem could be in video card

Take a look a screenshot of my desktop
http://www.hot.ee/trummar13

I forgot to say my video card information. It's ATI Radeon 9250 with 128MB video memory.

Last edited:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
It happens all the time, or only when playing some games?
Do you have the latest drivers for that video card?

Rait

It mostly happens, when I play some game but sometimes they just appear on the desktop. Actually when I play there aren't same stripes you can see a screenshot of a game thats running in my computer: www.hot.ee/raitherman

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
It happens from the beginning, or the card is acting like that just recently?
My guess is faulty (or inadequate) video driver or bad memory.

Rait

It started about week ago(when I installed WIN Xp SP. 1). There aren't any problems in dos

Last edited:

4W4K3

VIP Member
OLD video card i have has that problem, it overheated a while ago when the fan died on it. now even with good cooling it's messed up. might be a hardware problem?

Rait

I lately bought this computer and when I bought this computer it was new I mean I didn´t bought used computer. I´ve thought about putting cooler to this video card. Could it be the software problem or the problem is technical.

Verrona

Video card sounds faulty, drivers are wot windows talks 2 n vice versa for any hardware. If it was a driver u cudn't use the video card...if u c wot i mean.

If it was a driver go thru Start > Control Panel> Settings > System > HArdware > Device Manager > Find ur video card!! If there is a ! then its the driver!!

Hope this helps

samuelhii_mei

how is it??
i think it's confirmly hardware's problem!
still under warrenty? get a new one!
or take that card and try it on another pc

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Check that its not a temperature issue (possible)
2. Check that its not a voltage issue (not likely but easy to check)
3. Try older driver revision :)