suggestion about cooling a fx-60

sHoW StOpPeR

You think a zalman 9500 can pull a low temp like mines? I dont think so. I know its not zalman but its this one fan I cant remember the name. here are the temps.
lowtempuw7.jpg
Does that help at all?
And I have it overclocked 100mhz higher

PC eye

banned
Posting temps, voltages, and fan speeds doesn't indicate the make or model cooler installed. You need to post a sketch of what it looks in MS paint or something like that and post the image here.

Archangel

VIP Member
You think a zalman 9500 can pull a low temp like mines? I dont think so. I know its not zalman but its this one fan I cant remember the name. here are the temps.
lowtempuw7.jpg
Does that help at all?
And I have it overclocked 100mhz higher

those temps look nice tbh :) but when i look at the voltages.. they seem a bit low, do you have a AMD processor? ( Cool 'n Quiet ) :)

PC eye

banned
those temps look nice tbh :) but when i look at the voltages.. they seem a bit low, do you have a AMD processor? ( Cool 'n Quiet ) :)

Now you see the exact thing I noticed right away. If you go into the bios and lower the voltage down as far as you can without stalling you won't see anything but low temps when finally getting to the desktop. With Cool'n'Quiet enabled here the 3500+ still sees 1.4v with the AMD cpu power monitor. Someone's trying to pull a fast one it would seem? :eek: ! :rolleyes:

Motoxrdude

The 3500+ runs very cool to begin with. Stock cooling kept mine at 35C, and a ICEMAN cooler kept it 2 degrees above room tempature. So its really not that great that you got it to 21c.

PC eye

banned
You must be near an air conditioner to see that as low as 35C with the stock setup. The Zalman here after running all day and night sees 34C.

fade2green514

yea the zalman cnps9500 is just a little bit worse than the big typhoon... and the big typhoon costs less... not to mention i still think the tuniq tower is the best air cooler on the market, considering this
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/tuniq-tower120_8.html
the point is that the tuniq tower 120 outperforms by 3.5-7C... and considering it costs less and performs better,
http://www.xoxide.com/tuniq-t-120-hsf.html
its definitely what i would suggest
but get this... it comes with a fan controller. you can't beat it for the price and performance that it gives, not to mention you can turn the thing up and down without buying an extra fan controller!

PC eye

banned
The problem with the review on the Sunbeam / Tuniq T-120 CPU Cooler is that it is geared to promote that make and model. That's common on most of the reviews where the limited comparisons favor the highlighted product.