Suspected Virus

aniruddha_mohod

In one computer I found that one window in the taskbar suddenly comes and disappears. That computer is constantly crashing. Even if it is started in Safe Mode I am unable to defragment it. There occurs constant errors and many application crashes. I had formatted the drive many times. I had also run setup of windows Me many times. The problem started after the prompt occurs in MS-Word an error occurs and then Send Report to Microsoft. :eek: and the owner click on send report. Then this problem arouse. I also suspect the HP printer I had newly install. Please help me to solve this problem. :(

Sebouh

well remove the hp drover and unistall it, see if it is the problem. do also a spyware, virus trojan scans.

aniruddha_mohod

I had formatted the c: at least 10 times. Then d: at least 3 times. Then once formatted the it with dm deleted the partition. tried windows 98, windows me, windows 2000 but the problem still persists. It gives most problem at the time of printing. I couldn't understand what to do

Bobo

banned
aniruddha_mohod said:
I had formatted the c: at least 10 times. Then d: at least 3 times. Then once formatted the it with dm deleted the partition. tried windows 98, windows me, windows 2000 but the problem still persists. It gives most problem at the time of printing. I couldn't understand what to do
Formatting won't necessarily work...the virus could be in the FAT. Do a virus scan.

dynamitecid99

if you have any antivirus programs, such as norton, or whatever, try booting the computer, and if you have the CD for the program, try booting the computer while the antivirus cd is in the drive, most antivirus programs will run a diagonostics test on the computer and then do a full system scan on it.

dynamitecid99

evil, it's highly unlikely, "abetterinternet" is a widely used product. I guess it's possibly that someone attached spyware to it. but it would be really funny if the antivirus website had a virus...lol

aniruddha_mohod

Is it possible that the problem occurs because of the send error report in Office XP. the user had not clicked on dont send he clicked on send report and enter some information. Is it possible that microsoft had send some virus onto the computer.

aniruddha_mohod

The Problem is Solved

The problem is solved the problem was due to ram. One of the two 64 MB ram was not ok therefore it was causing errors. I am now using only one 64 MB ram and the computer is working error free.
Thanks but your replies did not proved useful for me
Yours
Aniruddha