System Restore: Fixes Everything?

Hi,

Occasionally my computer does get shut off improperly and I know this is horrible for the computer (I had to reformat it last time because it was shut down improperly to many times) so if it does get shut off incorrectly, can I do a system restore and will the computer function like it was never shut down improperly? I know, the easy answer is to shut it down properly but there are some, uh....complications. :)

Thanks!

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
system restore is flakey at best but when it does work theres no gurantee that it will fix the problems

kobaj

VIP Member
What "complications" nothing should complicate the health of your computer. I wouldnt trust system restore but it does pritty much what it says.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I would system restore only to save any important data and then I'd still reformat and instal which is basicly the point to system restore anyhow.

You say that your system "occasionaly" gets shut down improperly and then go on to say that your OS had to be reinstalled last time because it was shut down too many times improperly... Sooooooooooo my question would be Y does your system get shut down so often improperly and my advice would be to stop shutting it down improperly :p.