!Task Manager!

panchovilla

i cant seem to open task manager when i press ctrl+Alt+Delete it says task manager has been disabled by your administrator what should i do need help THXs

smajer

I agree, it can be darn right annoying to try and figure out what a virus or trojan changed on your system. Backup all your media and such and reinstall the OS.

Pimpa

I agree, it can be darn right annoying to try and figure out what a virus or trojan changed on your system. Backup all your media and such and reinstall the OS.

Backuping wouldnt help because you can carry your trojan to your next OS with your backuped media. First of all you have to scan and clean your PC

smajer

Backuping wouldnt help because you can carry your trojan to your next OS with your backuped media. First of all you have to scan and clean your PC

I'll take my chances backing up 'media' such as mp3/avi/etc .. haven't come across a virus that infects those.

Platinum

I assume Ctrl+Shift+Esc doesnt work too then?

Definitely spyware/malware of some type. I forget what kind and what removes it with the most success.

sshaggy

First scan ur pc and clean all malwares. I would recommend using malwarebytes and Avira Personal, both of them.

Then install any 3rd party registry editor, like tune up utilities 2009, etc.

3rd party reg editors are needed because the virus which disable task manager, also disable regedit. If you type regedit in run menu, u will get the same massage,"Registry editing has been disabled by ur administrator"

Now open the 3rd party registry editor and locate the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
Then delete the value which says disable task manager. Then find a value named disable regedit or something like that in the nearby location, and also delete that. I dont remember exactly where the value for disabling regedit was. It should be somewhere near the 'disable taskmanager' value.

Then restart and ur problem should have gone.

Remember virus scanning is necessary because if you dont clean ur pc, any 3rd party registry editor will close down without opening.

Search google for the mentioned softwares, if you dont know where to download.