Tell me if this is reasonable

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ok

I see what you are saying and I am aware of that. Definitely true. I was just trying to point out the logic behind the argument (although it's not true really).

JAN :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps I miscalculated, but remember, DUAL CPUs and DUAL mobo. I can add up to 4-5GHZ. Stop saying that's bullshit if people around me gets something powerful like ever.
1. Dual 2GHz CPUs doesnt make 4GHZ setup. It makes a dual 2GHz setup
2. Which dual cpu motherboard supports 32GB of RAM?

<http://www.pcguide.com/ref/cpu/fam/g6PPro-c.html> YO I gave 2 to my friends for $50. In-friend cost
Congratulations. I know about the Pentium Pro. Its not a dual cored processor.

And for the other one, OH MY GOD! Look the mobos. You won't find that sitting in a store! And last thing to add, 2.5GHZ+2.5GHZ=5GHZ
1. Dunno what stores you visit but the stores I frequent can pull Opty 2xx setups pretty easily.
2. Again, if you're ready to consider (or even past that to the selling point), selling such a system, tell me which model of motherboard you intend to use
3. 2.5Ghz + 2.5Ghz = 5Ghz .... only in math. In computers you have 2.5Ghz + 2.5Ghz = 2.5Ghz + 2.5Ghz = 2x2.5Ghz ... clock speed is not linearly comulative

I see what you are saying. Praetor seems to think that you are talking about 2 x 5Ghz! I am sure you can get the duals to work at 5Ghz (two speeds added up) no problem.
I know exactly what he means. Its the classic Futureshop/Best-buy sales tactic (i.e., hmmm whats a more memorable one.... "Hyperthreading means you have two CPUs inside one"). Too bad on a technical level thats horribly incorrect.

Whoa. 10GHX is kinda too fast. 2.5GHZx2=5GHZ is good
Sigh.

For a dual core processor or mobo you cannot just add up the numbers it isn't quite as simple as that.
OMFG! I thought I was all lost alone here by myself here but I see you're like me too. Lemme introduce myself, i'm reason.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Lol

Nice one Praetor :)) I know I know nothing about dual cores or dual processors....and I misinterpreted you man....sorry.

JAN :D

Lax

VIP Member
lol damn. I must aplaud that......although, I thought the Pentium Pro did have a dual core processor. I have a dual 133 server that I could have sworn was 2 Pentium Pro's.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
lol damn. I must aplaud that......although, I thought the Pentium Pro did have a dual core processor. I have a dual 133 server that I could have sworn was 2 Pentium Pro's.
"Dual 133 Server" = Two CPUs != One Dual-Cored CPU :)

Pentium Pro Features said:
Greater Multiprocessing: Quad processor configurations are supported with the Pentium Pro compared to only dual with the Pentium.
Notice it says "quad processor" not "quad core" :)
Another PPro datasheet: http://www.cpu-info.com/index2.php?mainid=html/cpu/iPPro.php