Temperature Readings from the BIOS True?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey guys. I wanted to ask whether the info provided to me by the bios of the temperature of the CPU and case temp is true? The reason I am asking is beacuse I heard someone talking about core temperatures of the CPU and the other type of CPU temp etc. Correct me if I am wrong but all new CPUs have heat sensors integrated on the chip right? So therefore the mobo reads the info from the CPU.

My current temps are : CPU max 37 degrees Celsius + CASE max 30 Celsius.

Now I know the temps are good given that my Athlon XP 1800+ is overclocked but can I trust those stats? Thanks.

JAN :)

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The temps are prolly accurate (although they seem a bit low that could be explained by the low initial clocks). Now if you consider the proc clocked as a XP2500 then the temps are slightly off (unless you've got some funky cooling) -- they are way off if those are the OC'd and STRESSED temps. :)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ok thanx, these are temps when the PC is idle. Note that they were quite a bit higher but I have added 2 more fans to blow into the case. This could explain it partly because the temps have both dropped. One more thing I use a Coolermaster that runs at 4200rpm constantly (although it does fluctuate). It makes a hellofa noise but keeps it nice and cool. I remeber I was near the 50 mark with the retail cooling that I got with it. Now I guess I will trust them :).

JAN :)