The Great Debate - Acer or Sony

boombaby

I am wondering what I should buy a $3000 Travelmate or a $3000 Vaio. I have checked both and I cannot make a decision. I would like your opinion on the overall standard of each brand. What do you choose

Super_Nova

Well I'd have to see the specs before I could make an educated decision, but if I went by reputation I'd say Sony.

boombaby

Ill get you the specs soon , but I was wondering what you would choose according to brand . My friend and I are having a argument on which to get, the specs are very close

Super_Nova

I've never been big on Acer nor have I ever heard good things about them. Although, alot of companies that make crappy desktops do make decent laptops. Still I'd go with sony based on reputation.

boombaby

Dont you think that Sony looks good and is a more modern design,ect, but it has below par software and hardware compared to acer and other brands. I need you to support your answer , sony has a good reputation only because of thier publicity , Right or Wrong

Super_Nova

It's not so much sony's good reputation as Acer's bad reputation that I base my opinion on. I once worked at best buy and we stopped selling acer's because they broke so much.

boombaby

But were they mistreated ? . I have probably made it clear now what side of the argument I am on , I think acers are a great Laptop. I am from Australia, i am not sure if we manufacture our acer's ourselves , but there is defiantly a difference. Our australian electronics stores are mostly comprised of HP and or acers

Super_Nova

Well like I said alot of companies that make crappy desktops make decent laptops. Acer could be one of those companies.