The Most outrageous thing you've ever seen...

Aleksey

What is the thing that just blew your fuse off and you could no longre bear today's technology?

For me, that would be a processor "refrigirator" - a liquid cooling system for the processor of a computer. While it IS useful, I don't think it's very good for the insides.

To be continued...

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The only technology that I dont like is the kind that can be used for destruction, like tiny nuclear bombs and horrible nasty stuff like that.....

AainaalyaA

everything invented so to speak is technology... it all depends on how you perceive technology... anything to do with human social development, yes in a way, i support but anything to do with destruction no matter who is right on the fence is wrong and should not be implemented no matter how tempting it may be business wise

Burgon

Aleksey said:
What is the thing that just blew your fuse off and you could no longre bear today's technology?

For me, that would be a processor "refrigirator" - a liquid cooling system for the processor of a computer. While it IS useful, I don't think it's very good for the insides.

To be continued...
Is liquid cooling What you are talking about?

Burgerbob

I think liquid cooling is great, i dont have it, but id love to. I do kinda feel inadequate with the new 7950GTX and the FX-62 and really fast DDR2 and WD Raptor HDDs... i feel like i am in the last generation of computers.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Burgon said:
Is liquid cooling What you are talking about?
oh for christ sake burgon.... that post was over 3 years ago, you really think he/she is gonna answer you... please say your not going through another phase of yours where you do nothing but resurrect dead threads, it got you banned last time

Burgon

So it YOU?????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, I didnt deserve that:(

But theres good things on this thread, like 3 years ago Liquid cooling Was processor "refrigirator" for that guy, OMG!!!
And afterall there isnt a thread on liquid cooling yet. :D

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Burgon said:

But theres good things on this thread, like 3 years ago Liquid cooling Was processor "refrigirator" for that guy, OMG!!!

actually there is, omega made one a while ago.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Must Read...

Burgon said:

I asked you nicely in the beginning of April not to dig up ancient threads... and you continued. You were banned by ME. ...not dragon2309.

...and here you are digging up ancient threads, AGAIN.

I am in a charitable mood so read closely: DO NOT resurrect another ancient thread. If you do, you will no longer be welcome here.

sniperchang

If it's of any interest to anyone, I beleive that the guy was talking about Phase-change cooling.

Wikipedia said:
Phase-change cooling

A more extreme way to cool the processor. A phase-change cooler is a unit which usually sits underneath the PC, with a tube leading to the processor. Inside the unit is a compressor, the same type that cools a freezer. The compressor compresses a gas which is cooled (usually with fans and air) condensing it to a liquid. Then, the liquid is pumped up to the processor, which heats it, causing the liquid to evaporate, and absorb the heat from the processor. This evaporation can produce temperatures reaching around −30 degrees Celsius. The gas flows down to the compressor and the cycle begins over again. This way, the processor can be cooled to temperatures ranging from −15 to −30 degrees Celsius, depending on the load, type and speed of the processor.

The same ideal for a fridge. more info here

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Burgon said:

no of course it wasnt me who banned you, do i look like a mod/admin.... it just really ticks me off