The pc-desktop I second hand bought did not come with a cpu

Kewicase

I was aware it did not come with a cpu. Before I open up the pc how can I find out what cpu it will need?
I am new to this you guys I know some will laugh lol

_Pete_

Nobody should laugh at you or make disparaging remarks at your very relevant question. Open the computer up and get the motheboard make and model number, it should be written somewhere on the board, and then go to the manufacturer's web site and see what CPU they recommend in the board specs. Having said that I would give the computer back and demand a refund. A computer without a CPU is only good as a door stop.

Kewicase

Nobody should laugh at you or make disparaging remarks at your very relevant question. Open the computer up and get the motheboard make and model number, it should be written somewhere on the board, and then go to the manufacturer's web site and see what CPU they recommend in the board specs. Having said that I would give the computer back and demand a refund. A computer without a CPU is only good as a door stop.
Thanks.! this is the computer its a Dell Optiplex 755 I cannot seem to find the model name but I did find out its a LGA socket type, I just cannot find the list of cpu I can use for the mother board

Laquer Head

You're gonna want to look on the used market for a socket LGA775.. looks like at least 2 quad cores (intels q6600 and the q6700) are compatible and probably were options shipped with machine when it was new. Given that those CPU are a bit over 10 years old now, you might have to do some digging on ebay..etc but I bet you can find one for dirt cheap!... keep in mind you'll also want a heatsink/fan for it too, but whether DELL is proprietary or has oddball fitment is an unknown.