The Warm Air Question

Forevermore1337

My PSU on my new computer (OCZ StealthXStream 600w) seems to be putting out some warm air. I have no idea whether this is normal or if it should or shouldn't be doing that. I am running an AMD Phenom 9950, ATI Radeon 4850 with 3 case fans on my NZXT Apollo. It's not hot air, just warm, and i don't notice anything wrong with the computer's performance. The main reason i'm asking this is because i'd like to drop another 4850 in the system, but i don't know if this PSU can handle it. Tomshardware.com said this thing can actually put out close to 720w of power, so i'm hoping it can handle an extra graphics card.

Thanks.

Twist86

My TX750 Corsair does it as well as every other PSU.
PSU get hot thus why they have a 80mm-140mm fan inside of them to cool things down.

If you are really worried get a 80mm fan (or 120 depending on your size) and hook it on from the outside for increase circulation I did with mine just to help the air circulate.

I then drilled a 2cm hole and cut the wires snaked them through and re-attached the molex and hooked to my PSU.

Can't help ya on the PSU/4850 question since I am still reading up on it....though if you can get away with that I can easily run a 4870 1GB ^-^

Last edited:

Turbo10

Might be clogged up with dust or something but unfortunately cleaning inside a PSU is a pain in the arse. Don't get a new one and if its performing normally go for it!

If it ain't broke don't fix it!