There goes a good sum of money

Bohem

I've had my Dell Inspiron 1100 for over a year now, and it hasn't given me that serious of troubles until now. I knocked the table my laptop was on and some water from the aquarium splashed over onto it, I don't know if this is what caused the problem but this happened at the exact same time that the problem occured.

So yea, the problem originated when I would type keys and different keys were being printed to the screen, then the problem escaladed quickly to a continous "]]]]]]]" being outputted to the screen. At this point I decided to reboot hoping that the problem would just disappear, the "]]]]]]]]..." problem disappeared, but now I couldn't even type. Nothing was being printed to the screen. The mouse still works and the speakers do too, however, when I plug my headphones into the computer the sound keeps going to the speakers and not the headphones. I'm thinking I short-circuited it all the things I was using at the time?

Thanks for any help and information

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if this is what caused the problem but this happened at the exact same time that the problem occured.
its a pretty good indicator.,...

So yea, the problem originated when I would type keys and different keys were being printed to the screen, then the problem escaladed quickly to a continous "]]]]]]]" being outputted to the screen. At this point I decided to reboot hoping that the problem would just disappear, the "]]]]]]]]..." problem disappeared, but now I couldn't even type. Nothing was being printed to the screen
Keyboard shorted otu?

I'm thinking I short-circuited it all the things I was using at the time?
Good guess ... you can try contacting dell about replacement keyboards ... or use a PS2/USB keyboard but outside of that i dont think there much you can do

dan1x

Last what you can do is put the pc in a warm place, preferably where the sun rays can reach it and wait for few days until it will completely dry. You may be surprised, but the water can stay there for long time. Than try again. If the still be a problem, than something was damaged, and need a technician look.

Good luck

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
like dan1x said, water can stay in there for a long time, but when it all drys up most of the time everything still works. The washing machine at my house blew up one day and there was gallons of water pouring down on my old NES, TV, VCR and after a couple days they worked again and that NES still works, its gotta be 15+ years old