Thermal Paste

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone happen to know the specifications for the Dow Corning T340 thermal paste? (i.e., the stuff that comes with Thermaltake HSF)

Cheers

Ace1627

I have been doing some reading and the general consensus is that the thermal gel that ThermalTake provided is not very good. Sorry this doesn't really answer your question but maybe you won't even need to know the specs you can just go get better gel. Hope this helps.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have been doing some reading and the general consensus is that the thermal gel that ThermalTake provided is not very good
Yeah i read roughly the same too but none by anyone credible or who backed up their opinions with real numbers. People just have a way of jumping on the Arctic Silver bandwagon without using their head

Sorry this doesn't really answer your question but maybe you won't even need to know the specs you can just go get better gel.
I do use better "gel" :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
kappa4184 said:
Just use Arctic Silver 5, it's not that much money and it can really make the difference in temperature.

it's like $8-$10 for a lil' 3gram tube here, seems ridiculous to me lol. i'm using the generic "vantec" stuff i got when i bought a bunch of HS for my vid cards and such...got lots of lil' 1.5gram tubes.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Just use Arctic Silver 5, it's not that much money and it can really make the difference in temperature.
Wheather i use AS5 or not doesnt answer the question.

it's like $8-$10 for a lil' 3gram tube here, seems ridiculous to me lol.
Ouch. Its $10 for that here and significantly less for the OCz Ultra 5 :) As for the Vantec stuff... isnt that the same as the DC-340?

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
As for the Vantec stuff... isnt that the same as the DC-340?

i think so, just generic goop in a bottle. but it works pretty good, laptop boots at 24C lol.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yay thanks that was great .... not quite the hardcore numbers i was looking for but something to extrapolate with :)

Jimbob1989

banned
Praetor said:
Yay thanks that was great .... not quite the hardcore numbers i was looking for but something to extrapolate with :)

I'll treasure this day for a long time Praetor, the first time you complemented my post.

Jimbob