Thinking about an upgrade...

amolyneaux

New Member
Computer spercs are in my sig, I don't have the money to upgrade everything at once, and the 2 items that would need it most are CPU and RAM. My question is which would you reccomend I upgrade first, and to what exactly?
for price I'd prefer to not spend more than $150, but I can flex a little.

Thanks for any input!
 
Get a quadcore. Q9300/Q9400, or maybe one of the Q8xxx series if you can find them.

I'd say the rest of your rig is pretty solid.
 
I would upgrade the CPU, to say a Q9400, or maybe a Q6600 if you can find it on Ebay. Rest of the computer looks pretty good.
 
Newegg has Q8300 and Q8400 retail for about $175. The E6600 is selling on ebay for no less then $80 so you can sell that and expand your $150 limit a bit and get up to the Q9500. If your that into an upgrade from an E6600 I would probably just sell your mobo/cpu/ram while they still have good value and upgrade to newer setups. I can't imagine getting anything less then $200 for your components. I still use the C2D but I have the higher end version and I don't have any desire to upgrade soon.
 
I agree with Konsole, you can sell your CPU, memory and mobo or a fair bit, giving you more than enough to get either an i5 or Phenom II x4 system
 
Back
Top