This Virus Sux

Apollo13

I just got a virus which wont let me open any file at all exept my documents, my comp, and internet. I just wanted to know if any one has seen any thing like this b4 and if there is any hope. If not i have a video file that is 790 mb and i dont have a dvd writer. Am i totaly screwed or has anyone seen something like this fixed b4. I will wait a day b4 a full system restore. PZ

ke_742

banned
First of all i dont think that thats a virus... Check everythign out in safe mode first. Then ummm download free anti-virus software and scan ur comp and check it out i seriosuly dought its a virus though.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The cd can only hold 700mb not 790 and i did run in safe and ame thing happened
1. CDs can hold up to 900MB. You just need to get right type
2. Even if your're dealing with 700MB discs, thats 700MB in Data mode .. which translates to roughly 800MB in VCD mode, 830MB in SVCD mode, 815MB in audio mode..... so as I said, burn away! :D

Apollo13

I can not burn with any program including nero b/c it wont open. I can only use the default burning thing in my computer, cd-rw drive the one says you have file waiting to be written, click this ballon to view files. I do not know how to change it to a vcd mode from there b/c it doesnt give me an option as far as i know of.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I can only use the default burning thing in my computer
Ok then you wont be able to burn it (since IMAPI only supports DataCDs). You'll have to fix the nero thing to be able to switch to VCD mode (try reinstalling it?)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
ah I had this problem, if its the same thing when you double click an exe file it says it cannot be found right? if you have a nero project saved you can open it to open nero then just start a new project.