Time warner cable internet and metered billing

Zatharus

VIP Member
I guess if your paying $275 a month for just internet service (no cable) it would be fair though

Not hardly. :) I'm right around the $50 mark.

[-0MEGA-];1220774 said:
haha, then your neighbor calls to see how they went over their monthly cap by 50GB when they were away all month :p

...teach them to lock down their WiFi...:rolleyes:

tlarkin

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1220774 said:
haha, then your neighbor calls to see how they went over their monthly cap by 50GB when they were away all month :p

I know how the cable company works I have had friends that have worked with the cable company. This is purely a test, comcast tried doing this before timewarner and they got flack for it.

Plus there are plenty of unsecured access points all over every city. It is not like I have to pay for internet I just choose to, and I am not really a thief.

Zatharus

VIP Member
Yeah I was being sarcastic . :D .They surely know that is not a fair/content to DL price
(MB/dollar that is)

No problem. :D

I agree. I find it laughable when ISPs even discuss raising bandwidth to a decent level (say 16Mb+) and lowering the cap at the same time. It's like purchasing a Veyron with a half liter tank. All vroom and no distance.

Scubie67

No problem. :D

I agree. I find it laughable when ISPs even discuss raising bandwidth to a decent level (say 16Mb+) and lowering the cap at the same time. It's like purchasing a Veyron with a half liter tank. All vroom and no distance.

Yep, high speed with a low cap would do you no good.If they need to raise the cost per month a few bucks ,fine.But when you put such a low cap and a high fee per MB over that low cap, its obvious they are trying to gouge with some high usage bills

mac550

Is that right?

$45 for 7Mb Broadband + 40GB Cap? That seems ludicrous

You get that from TalkTalk in the UK for $25 :confused:

yeah im with talktalk, but i only pay like £16 a mouth for my phone, that includes free call to like 25 countries (for up to 60 mins per call) and i get my BB for free with 8Mb DL and about 400Kb UL.

I really cant understand why the US charges so much for BB, its stupid

Gooberman

I want to move to Europe :) cheaper internet ftw!

My grandma has her WiFi locked but her password is her phone number so I was able to get on :rolleyes:

Satellite is horrible if you exceed your cap (Download Threshold 200-500 MB per day then slows you down to dial up speed) $59.99 per month and you get 6 GB per month cap and you can't go online during really cloudy days. The sad thing is the reg price of it is $60-$200 per month

Last edited:

Scubie67

yeah im with talktalk, but i only pay like £16 a mouth for my phone, that includes free call to like 25 countries (for up to 60 mins per call) and i get my BB for free with 8Mb DL and about 400Kb UL.

Because they are greedy,same goes for cell phones in the US .Making more even when all other industries worldwide are having record layoffs and shortages of work.

There seems to be lots of Bernie Madoffs still left in the world

Zatharus

VIP Member

In many cases, it's from lack of competition. That and if people are willing to pay for it, the provider will continue to charge for it.

I want to move to Europe :) cheaper internet ftw!

You don't have to go that far. Just head north. One of the gals I work with (in BC) is paying about $50CAN for 20Mb fiber.

dannaswolcott

I am in Upstate NY. We have Road Runner here, There is no news about getting caps around here. I just called them, They said for my area there are no plans to put caps on.

Scubie67

I am in Upstate NY. We have Road Runner here, There is no news about getting caps around here. I just called them, They said for my area there are no plans to put caps on.

Rochester area in Ny(so far).Hopefully all this greed they have right now will fail for them though