Tis' the season to be jolly ^_~

EMO-TOCROSS

Okay so christmas is comming up. My birthday is a few days later. I've estimated that I can get about $1,500 through christmas, my birthday, and my work money for a notebook. I am on my computer 12/7 .Its my secondary life. I'm in a pre - college school and 50% of the homework now is done through a computer. I take 2 comp. classes a trimester. It's come to a point where I need a notebook rather then using a 512mb flash memory device to transfer my work all the time. So to my question. I need help finding a good laptop for around 1500$ (maybe a bit more or a bit less, just around that price range). What I will be using the computer for:

1. Video Editing -
2. Graphics Design - Photoshop CS
3. Gaming - Counter Strike Source, Half Life 2, Doom 3.. etc
4. Word Processing, Excell, Outlook.. etc
5. Lots of music. at least 2,000 songs will be on the notebook.

This is what I thought I needed in a notebook. but Im not the notebook expert.

-- 1gb of ram (even with the 1.25 gb of ram in my desktop I still get frusterated)
-- CD-RW/ DVD (cd burner dvd reader)
-- Decent video card (maybe better then decent as you see all the graphics performance I need)
-- I'd love a 17" screen but I know how pricey those are. At least 15.9" screen
-- 1.8 Intel Pentium 4 processor minumum? Or is that alot for a notebook?
-- And last but not least, a decent sound card, music is soo important to me
-- Windows. I have an Windows XP proffesional so I dont need an OS but if it has one I want windows (in other words, I DONT WANT A MAC! :p )

heres the best deal I have run into so far for such a superrior price:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_9200?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Rambo

I'd still recommend a Desktop PC.

You can get a Desktop PC for much cheaper than that, and will run better too.....

Cya!

EMO-TOCROSS

Um I have a desktop PC as you can see in my signature. No problems with it i love it. I just need a factor called TRANSPORATION. I wasnt asking for a recomendation of what type of computer, I was asking for a good NOTEBOOK. silly people.

4W4K3

VIP Member
I recommended that on another forum and some guy replied:

"A word of warning: EMACHINES SUCK!!!"

People can be so stupid. Emachines made a big step up from what they used to be and people are still holding grudges.

Super_Nova

That's because they did suck at first and people are burned by them. I know, I use to get them returned every day when I worked at Best Buy with the same problems. They didn't improve much when I was there but that was 3 years ago.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Super_Nova said:
That's because they did suck at first and people are burned by them. I know, I use to get them returned every day when I worked at Best Buy with the same problems. They didn't improve much when I was there but that was 3 years ago.

See that's what i mean. People think that once a brand gets a bad rep it ALWAYS gets a bad rep. OCZ was the same way...now it's one of the best memory makers out. I had 2 bad kits of OCZ when i first got it...3rd was great. You can't just give up cuz' of bad luck and demote them the rest of your life. I think the one kit i have now is good enough to make up for my first bad 2, and there customer suppport was very hlepful and whipping was fast and free.

EMO-TOCROSS

Yeah I went with a friend a few months back and helped him pick out a notebook for his business trip to europe. The best I could find in an actual store was the most expensive model emachine notebook for like $1600. I almost felt worried for him to buy it because it was so cheap for what it had in it. Yet he's here today using it still and it works crisp clear and fast. I have nothing against eMachines, that notebook my friend has is great. Now why diddn't I consider that to be an option.... ;)

thanks guys, any more notebook opinions would be great.