Too much memory used after installing new heat sink

ThePinkPanther

Hi everybody,

I hope I put this in the right forum, else feel free to put it where it belongs :)

So, a few days ago I decided to install a new heat sink. Everything went fine, the only thing I had to do afterwards was to install one new driver for my graphics card (I have no idea why)

Now since I installed the new heat sink, my memory usage is suddenly a lot higher. It is about 2 GB on startup. Before, I was able to watch a youtube video, skype with somebody using camera and play a game that uses quite a lot of memory without problems.

Now, I can not even call somebody without heavy lag. I have no idea what could have caused this. I already tryed to stop some programs from starting up, but that did nor really decrease memory usage (just other programs now use up the space that was freed). Also, all the programs were running just fine simultaneously before, so I don't see why now this should suddenly be an issue.

Does anybody have an idea on what I could try to do? Go ahead and tell me if you need more information on my system.

Thanks!

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
My suggestion would be to roll back whatever driver you installed, it's probably behaving poorly.

The heatsink won't have any impact on any functionality besides heat dissipation.