Trade intel CPU's??

Springy182

I don't understand the confusion, or what your problem is Springy182. The new E6300 PDC is in fact a core 2 duo clocked at 2.8ghz, as I've said from the beginning. All PDC's currently for sale are rebadged core 2 duo's, with slightly less cache. Just because you didn't know there are 2 different E6300's is not my problem.
If you look at benchmarks between the E6300 and E7400 they are nearly identical. Plus, the E7400 does not do XP virtualization in windows 7, the new E6300 does.

I have no problem 87dtna, I was pointing out what I thought was a mistake, and then just_a_noob jumps on me over it, yes PDC is the same architecture but generally Intel doesnt recycle model numbers. Yeah but you could run VMware on a P4, you dont neccessarily need VT

ETA: And really, you two seem to be the ones with problems, I thought I was correcting a small mistake you made, and then you both jump on me over it, woo really must make you feel good, winning arguements on the internet.

Last edited:

Springy182

Read posts 9 and 10 by me, no one else stated the differences between the old and new E6300 before me.

You never stated it was Pentium Dual Core, you said "Thats core 2 duo"

You never stated you had a -Pentium Dual Core- 6300 before I posted, you simply said E6300

87dtna

You never stated it was Pentium Dual Core, you said "Thats core 2 duo"

You never stated you had a -Pentium Dual Core- 6300 before I posted, you simply said E6300

LOL, what? It's not a ''-Pentium Dual Core- 6300'', it is a ''Pentium E6300'', officially. Did you not read the link the other user posted? Intel still puts the E in there because it really is a core 2 duo, it's only because it has 2mb cache instead of 3 is why they label it dual core instead of C2D.

Last edited:

Springy182

LOL, what? It's not a ''-Pentium Dual Core- 6300'', it is a ''Pentium E6300'', officially. Did you not read the link the other user posted? Intel still puts the E in there because it really is a core 2 duo, it's only because it has 2mb cache instead of 3 is why they label it dual core instead of C2D.

When they reduce the cache they call it something else, like Q8400 Q9400 and Q9450, and guess what? it's still not branded as Core 2 Duo so what I said stands, Wikipedia puts it in the same section as Pentium Dual Core not Core 2 Duo

I dont really care about your semantics, I was trying to point out a mistake not start a flamewar, dont be so immature about it and stop trying to pick a fight.

87dtna

When they reduce the cache they call it something else, like Q8400 Q9400 and Q9450, and guess what? it's still not branded as Core 2 Duo so what I said stands, Wikipedia puts it in the same section as Pentium Dual Core not Core 2 Duo

I dont really care about your semantics, I was trying to point out a mistake not start a flamewar, dont be so immature about it and stop trying to pick a fight.

It's a wolfdale core, thats core 2 duo....just like my gts250 video card is an overclocked 9800gtx. They can slap a different name on it, but that doesn't take away from what it is.

There's a reason why college professor's and even high school teachers now do not accept wikipedia as a source.

Springy182

It's a wolfdale core, thats core 2 duo....just like my gts250 video card is an overclocked 9800gtx. They can slap a different name on it, but that doesn't take away from what it is.

There's a reason why college professor's and even high school teachers now do not accept wikipedia as a source.

Actually the GTS 250 is a 9800GTX+ which was an overclocked 9800GTX, but that's besides the point...

It's not BRANDED as a Core 2 Duo, it's the same underlying architecture, that's what I've said several times now

Can you READ?..

87dtna

Actually the GTS 250 is a 9800GTX+ which was an overclocked 9800GTX, but that's besides the point...

Nope, it's not a + it's a straight GTX overclocked. My gts250 is 65nm, and the larger 324 die size like the gtx. The + is 55nm, and 230 die size.

Yes I can read, we are basically saying the same thing only in different words. You are using ''branded'', I just said ''name''. Same thing meant.

Springy182

Nope, it's not a + it's a straight GTX overclocked. My gts250 is 65nm, and the larger 324 die size like the gtx. The + is 55nm, and 230 die size.

Yes I can read, we are basically saying the same thing only in different words. You are using ''branded'', I just said ''name''. Same thing meant.

It's got the same clocks as the 9800GTX+ though, so some could be called 9800GTX and some GTX+, only real difference is the die shrink really

Yes same thing meant so pointless argument is pointless :p