Trend Micro uninstalled my stuff...

The VCR King

microsoft essentials turned windows update on which then tried to force win10 on me again. now on bitdefender :)

edit: bitdefender didnt work right, wouldn't let me sign in. still need a free a/v

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
AVG sucks.

Also I call BS on getting W10 pushed on you. That offer ended over 2 weeks ago. I haven't seen it on a single machine since then.

Even more so, why the hell do you have Windows update off? No wonder you had security problems.

Geoff

VIP Member
They think that if it's free it isn't good. I know that's not true but I don't argue with them because that digs the hole deeper and things just get worse. So I cave in and buy
anti-virus and keep on with my life. They finally agreed to let me use MS Security Essentials after like 45 minutes of arguing. But I understand your point @Lacquer Head , I honestly do.
So when they go to a BBQ, do they think the food sucks because they don't get to pay for it?

The VCR King

That's not the only problem with his machine. ;)
Nope. It still has power issues, as a matter of fact it lost power and crashed 3 times last night, another case fan seized up and burned out and needs replaced eventually, and now my motherboard needs a new CMOS battery like once a month or the date keeps resetting to 2010...

Geoff

VIP Member
Nope. It still has power issues, as a matter of fact it lost power and crashed 3 times last night, another case fan seized up and burned out and needs replaced eventually, and now my motherboard needs a new CMOS battery like once a month or the date keeps resetting to 2010...
I think your computer is caused by a 1D 10 T error.

The VCR King

Something else is the issue. I bet if you multimetered your other batteries they still put out appropriate voltage.
I'll have to do that. For some reason like once a month I get "CMOS BATTERY LOW" then "CMOS SETTINGS INCORRECT" and all my times reset to 2010 when the board was made.

Laquer Head

I know what you're trying to say and honestly I wonder sometimes if I really am stupid, which sometimes I can be.

Your not stupid man, you just don't listen to advice from the members that know better. You have multiple people on this forum with tons of knowledge, real world experience, and you continually refuse to take the advice given.

If you would stop, listen, and think before posting you'd probably have saved alot of cash, frustration, and time.

I can't speak for others, but I don't slag on you to be a dick- its cause I'm trying to open your eyes to errors I've made and help you work through your issues.