Trouble in windows operating system

Clydebrown

I have installed Windows XP on my laptop. But for the past few days, I am facing several problems. My XP gets corrupted in one month. I have reinstalled it and even install a fresh copy of it. But, still I am facing the same problem. Finally, I took my laptop to a service center and they told me that there are some BOOT viruses in the BIOS and it requires to format whole system.

And, I don’t want to format the entire system. Can anyone tell me how to repair my system without losing my data.

Havoc

You said you have installed XP on this laptop several times, how many times... did you do a fresh install each time? Did you format each time..To fix your Problem, you need to do a fresh install by formatting the entire drive...

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Boot viruses in the bios??? Thats highly unlikely, I'm not saying you don't have any though. If the bios is truly infected then its gonna need a flash of the bios to get it removed. No formatting the drive is gonna do that.

On the other hand its possible you have some mbr bootkit infections that is stopping the system from booting on you. Those are usually pretty simple to get rid of. You can download a rescue cd and boot to it and it should detect the mbr infections or you can transfer the drive to another system and use tdsskiller to scan the drive.