Trying to convert cassette to CD on my PC......

GS Audio

Hello! I am new to the site, so please bare with me and my potentially repetitus question.

I have a custom built PC with an Asus P4S533 mobo.

I connected my stereo cassette deck to the PC using a set of RCA jacks going to the onboard soundcard line-in slot.

Now, I have Cool Edit Pro and am able to capture the music when I record, BUT, it only records the left channel. There is NO sound at all on the right.

Anyone know what I need to do to fix this??? Do I need a new sound card? This one is 5.1 capable. Any thoughts??

Thanks!!

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Do you have a proper RCA to minijack cable? (like this one:
I199133.jpg
)
The sound is missing on the right channel only when recording?

GS Audio

Yes, that is the setup I have. Do you think the cable is messed up? I just don't get it???? :confused:

Only missing on the right, correct.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Check the audio volume settings (probably the balance slider is set to the left).
Also check if the jack plug is correctly inserted in the line-in slot (some computers backpanel won't let that plug to go all the way down).

GS Audio

I'll check the plug when I get home, but am sure its all the way in. The balance is set dead center for both right and left sound, so that is definitely OK.

This is driving me nuts. :confused:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I had once a problem with a backpanel that won't let insert all the way down a jack in the speaker-out, so I took it out and threw it away... :)

The channel is missing only in the recording? Do you hear both channels if you just play the cassette?
The deck's audio out is ok?