Trying to retrieve photos.

Toadman

Hello, I am trying to retrieve photos from an old hard drive out of a Compaq tower. I have an Inatech hard drive case. I did this once when I purchased software to retrieve photos, it worked but I got a LOT of "junk" along with photos. Now my software is expired and I would like to know why I can't just access the photos by going to "this pc" and selecting the drive, this doesn't work. I'm not that computer savy so please explain in simple terms if possible. I'm using a Dell 15-3567 laptop. Thanks.

Toadman

From "this pc" I see presario rp (E), and presario (F). When you click on E it shows "recovery" , then "this file is empty". When you click on F , there's a bunch of files but nothing but old remnants of useless stuff. Where are photos located?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You'll need to take ownership of the files/folders that are under user accounts. Do you see a user's folder on that drive?

Toadman

Thanks for the reply. I believe that's under "F". ? But I don't see user on anything. Including "E".

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yes as voyagerfan has said, since its an XP drive you'll need to look in the directory he listed. You want drive F as Drive E is the recovery partition.