TV Tuner Card

The VCR King

The Blue Beast has a TV tuner card (coax-in) on one of the PCI slots, and I
was wondering where I can get the software to be able to use it, because
(1) Google has been no help
and
(2) when my PC was reimaged the TV tuner card software was removed.

I suspect that the card might not even be functional because it doesn't
even show up in Windows Explorer or Device Manager.

Geoff

VIP Member
You need to find the manufacturer and model of the TV tuner. Check device manager, or open up the computer and see whats written on the card.

beers

Staff member
Man if you are going to use a third person reference at least you could do it consistently :p

But, the above is your best approach for the moment.

Okedokey

Download and install PC Wizard from my sig, install it and run it. Go to FILE, SAVE as and click ok, Copy the text out of that file into this thread.

The VCR King

I can not see the tuner card in Device Manager, and PC Wizard kept closing randomly/sto
working.

I just got done turning off my PC and removing the card. The sticker on it says that it is a DVICO Fusion HDTV7 Dual Express card.

Last edited by a moderator:

The VCR King

Thanks! I am downloading the file right now.

So far it is working fine. This thread can be locked/deleted.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
This thread can be locked/deleted.

I'll never understand why new members think the thread should be locked, let alone deleted, after a problem is solved.

Oh, and in reference to your signature, my laptop scores a 6.3 and my desktop a 7.5.

The VCR King

Well, I have encountered another issue myself. The video card can record like a VCR on the over-the-air channels, so I tried it for some newscasts but it records in the .tp format. I can not find a video converter online to change the .tp files to WMV or MP4.

Geoff

VIP Member
Well, I have encountered another issue myself. The video card can record like a VCR on the over-the-air channels, so I tried it for some newscasts but it records in the .tp format. I can not find a video converter online to change the .tp files to WMV or MP4.
Can you not go into the settings or preferences and select which format to change it to?

The VCR King

I can not change the recording profile.

Seriously, I need a recording format that takes up less disk space. A half-hour program takes 3GB of space on my HDD.

The VCR King

OK, I have looked further into the program's features and the FusionHDTV software itself comes with a video converter.